About the job
At its core, Payment24 is a creative research & development company focusing in disrupting the payments industry by introducing simple innovative solutions in the market, in an industry which has not evolved with time. With a start-up mentality & culture, we continue to be agile & nimble footed to address gaps in the market. If you think you have the skills and agility to keep up with us, please send through your CV and be part of a fast-growing team.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing, managing, and evaluating IT projects across our organization. In order to do this successfully, this person should feel comfortable handling multiple tasks at a time.
- Take ownership of testing, research, and implementation of new tools and techniques
- Coordinate project schedules
- Assist with expense planning
- Identify and resolve technical challenges
- Manage a portfolio of complex project initiatives with project teams and project delivery across-geographies
- Full project lifecycle ownership from initiation to deployment
- Set and continually manage project plans and expectations – develop Statements of Work and appropriate specifications
- Report on project status, milestones and success criteria – analyse and troubleshoot problem areas
- Ensuring that the delivery of new products or services from Projects is to the appropriate levels of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the Programme plan and Programme governance arrangements
- Work creatively and analytically to solve problems demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Work across teams to prepare estimates and detailed project plans
- Procure adequate resources to achieve project objectives
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships for the company
- Manage day-to-day project activities and resources and chair project meetings
- Oversee project budgets
- Demonstrate a functional acumen to support how solutions will address client goals
- Develop and manage all aspects of project and program engagement from planning, vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks and issues.
- Set and continually manage project expectations while delegating and managing deliverables with team members / stakeholders / Customers
- Develop trusted advisor relationship with customers – identify new opportunities to help customers solve their business problems
- Continue professional development to keep abreast of emerging technologies, methods and best practices used in project management.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly evolving priorities in a highly technical and fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills to be able to interact with and influence senior stakeholders
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills, and an ability to manage competing priorities with stringent timelines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient problem-solving skills with good judgment and decision making
- Must be goal-oriented and focused
- Works well as a member of a team
- A combination of business and technical acumen with strong problem-solving skills
- Collaborating with peers – within company and with clients
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Proven project management experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Payment industry experience would be preferred.
- Comes from programming background
- Relevant tertiary degree/technical diploma
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Payment Industry Related Courses
- PRINCE2 Foundation
- Agile PM Foundation
- ITIL Foundation